QR Code Link to This Post
GaN Systems Inc. is the global leader in Gallium Nitride (GaN) based power management devices. We have the largest portfolio of transistors that uniquely address the needs of today’s most demanding industries including data center servers, renewable energy systems, automotive, industrial motors and consumer electronics. As a market-leading innovator, GaN Systems Inc. makes possible the design of smaller, lower cost, more efficient power systems. Our award-winning products provide system design opportunities free from the limitations of yesterday’s silicon. By changing the rules of transistor performance, GaN Systems Inc. is enabling power conversion companies to revolutionize their industries and transform the world.
GaN Systems Inc. is currently looking for a Technical Development Engineer to join our team. You will be working at our Canadian headquarters located at 1145 Innovation Drive, Kanata, Ontario, K2K 3G8.
This is a permanent, full-time position, based on 37.5 hours per week. Further information respecting the position can be found below.
In the Technical Development Engineer (TDE) role you will use your power electronics systems engineering background to identify customer needs and generate new product ideas, technical documents, design tools, evaluation hardware and software. You will also design and develop product launches, campaigns, and Go-to-Market strategies and contribute to the overall technical marketing and product development strategy. You will use industry best project management knowledge and techniques to manage product development and customer requirements.
Duties will include the following:
- Developing and designing new power electronics products with a focus on sustainable applications, such as renewable energy and storage, and automotive electrification;
- Determining power electronics system needs and translating them into new product ideas with supporting business cases;
- Conducting technology feasibility studies, including modeling, simulation, and in-depth engineering analysis;
- Overseeing the development, testing and optimization of product prototypes, and providing expert technical advice during each phase;
- Acting as a prime interface between global field engineers and factory resources;
- Establishing processes to effectively communicate and distribute information to field resources;
- Creating and maintaining customer technical documentation (data sheets, white papers, application notes, operating standards, training, and customer presentations);
- Analyzing markets, competitors, customers and trends to support technical product strategies and new product developments;
- Contributing to digital strategy and developing and deploying a plan for product promotion;
- Gathering and consolidating customer information to support new product definitions, business cases, forecasts, and trends in pricing, competition and applications;
- Ensuring company website product page meets conformity and technical integrity;
- Providing technical training to staff on new products and applications; and
- Overseeing co-op students and junior engineering staff.
We are looking for candidates who meets the following minimum requirements:
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Power Electronics, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience designing power electronics systems and applications
- Proven knowledge of complex algorithms to enable the value of GaN transistors in high power electronics
- Ability to translate product features into system benefits
- Demonstrated leadership skills at both the individual and team level
- Strong oral communication skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with a diverse audience of engineering professionals, factory resources and other key stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience writing technical reports
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Innovative thinker
- Sound business judgement
- Keen interest for continued learning
- Fluent in English
We offer a generous compensation package which includes:
- Salary: $97,500 per annum
- 15 days of paid vacation per year
- Extended medical, dental, and disability insurance
- Performance-based bonuses and incremental raises in accordance with standard company policies