• The versatile Big Berkey® System is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies.
• Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
• Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters).
• Upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport and stands only 13" in height.
• System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, two 9″ Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters (expandable up to 4).
• There is no need for priming. Once you install the Berkey Earth, it is ready to use.
• Maximum Filters: 4 9″ Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters (in upper chamber).
• System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 1 stainless steel lid,1 spigot, rubber gasket to protect the base, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, and 2 blocking plugs.
• Height when in use: 19.25".
• Diameter: 8.5".
• Weight: 7 lbs empty.
• For normal everyday use, this system easily serves: 1-4 people.
• Fully configured, this system can serve up to 85-170 people a day, during an emergency.
• Maximum Filtration Flow Rate: Configured with two 9″ Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters, the Big Berkey Earth System will filter up to 12 to 15 gallons (45 to 56 liters) of water per day.
• Each Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters will filter up to 3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years before replacement is needed.
• Up to 4 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired.
• Eliminates pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites entirely as well as removing toxic chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals and all manner of VOCs, organic solvents and trihalomethanes. In independent testing, the Berkey Earth Ceramic Filters have also been found to reduce toxic heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and aluminum. Besides this, the Berkey Earth water filters leave undisturbed and intact the beneficial minerals your body requires.
• Please do not use with salt water.
• Big Berkey System (2.25 gal) weight: 9.00 LBS.
Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
This specific version was developed due to many reasons.
This version of the Big Berkey was developed for our price conscious customers who have always wanted a Berkey but may have found a Big Berkey too expensive with the standard Black Berkey water filters. The Big Berkey Earth system comes standard with 2 or 4 Berkey Earth filters. After many years of design and testing to develop the Berkey Earth water filter we consider them to be the best ceramic filters on the market today. The Big Berkey Earth offers high-quality filtration at a lower price, there's no need to purchase other brands that are not effective.
The Big Berkey Earth is the ideal water filter for all outside activities and is definitely a must in inhospitable environments where electricity or clean drinking water may not be at hand.
The Big Berkey Earth water filter will purify your home's treated tap water as well as untreated water from such sources as lakes, brooks, ponds and water sources in foreign countries, where the local water supply may be compromised or regulations may not be adhered to.
it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests